Dear Binance.sg community,
There is an upcoming Ethereum (ETH) network upgrade and hard fork at ETH mainnet block height of 13,773,000 or at approximately 2021-12-09 20:00 (UTC) which is approximately 2021-12-10 04:00 (SGT).
In order to maintain the safety of user funds and reduce the trading risks brought about by price volatility during this hard fork, Binance.sg would proceed with the following:
1. Suspension of ETH and LINK Deposits & Withdrawals
Deposits and withdrawals of ETH and LINK will be suspended starting from 2021-12-10 00:00 (SGT). Users have to ensure that there is sufficient time for the ETH and LINK transfers to be fully processed prior to the above time.
2. ETH and LINK Trading continues
Users can continue to trade ETH and LINK. As price volatility is often high during contentious hard forks, users have to ensure sufficient risk measures are taken.
- All technical requirements for users holding ETH and LINK would be taken care of by binance.sg
- No new tokens will be created during the Ethereum (ETH) network upgrade and hard fork
- Deposits and withdrawals for ETH and LINK will be opened once Binance.sg deems the upgraded network to be stable. There will not be further announcement on this.
For more information on the network upgrade and hard fork, please refer to the following: